The plane quest

fluffy cloud
Just in case the other forum is going,I want to keep these pictures.It was fun to look for a photo of Doris and Bob Hope sitting in the cockpit of a plane,of which Nick drew a picture.After about 6 months are so Susan finally found it!

Re: The plane quest

I'm thinking good thoughts Doris...You're always with me wherever I go.

Re: The plane quest

Susan

Re: The plane quest

Ah ha!  A stowaway!

http://imagecollect.com/picture/doris-day-photo-1095359/archival-pictures-globe-photos

$29.00 to download from Image Collect.  I would like a photograph of "de plane" to hang on my wall.   Would it look good if I purchased, downloaded, and printed it?

P.S.  Opps, nevermind, I see you can order prints for $13.00.  Even better!

Re: The plane quest

That last picture is NOT Doris...looks like Jayne Maynesfield...not sure who the others are.

Re: The plane quest

Nick
Yes, that is Jane Mansfield, but look more closely, in the other pictures Susan posted (gotta move the bar at the bottom over to the right.)  Bob Hope and Doris looking at the plane from the outside, says so too in the copy.  Come on Mike!

Here's a smaller picture of my stupid drawing with my mouse.

Re: The plane quest

Susan
Hi Nick, did you order a print? I would have never found the picture with out your drawing!
Your drawing is Not stupid, you are much better than I am at drawing! I like the stow-away picture of Doris too!

Re: The plane quest

fluffy cloud

here you have the picture.

Re: The plane quest

Susan, I ordered a 10 x 13 print.  Thank you again for finding it.

Your right, it's not a stupid drawing.  I did the best I could with what l've got, but it looks like a 747 jumbo jet . . . with propellers.

Re: The plane quest

duh,,,,

Re: The plane quest

Susan
COOL! Your welcome Nick!
Dorine Thanks for just the single picture!
Mike, your a funny guy!

Re: The plane quest

Susan

Thought I would add these pictures of Doris and Bob Hope!

Re: The plane quest

fluffy cloud

Thanks Susan,real cuties!!

Re: The plane quest

Nick
Susan and Dorine, they delivered my Bob and Doris plane photograph today!    A really nice surprise on such a BITTERLY COLD DAY!  Just need a frame now.

I see an extra glimmer in Bob's eye when he is around Doris in those pictures.  I understand exactly!  I think they would have made a great couple.  Of course Bob was married, but you can see kind of a balance of fascination, respect, and a natural gentlemenly protectiveness for Doris in the pictures.  Like a man would give to a lady he really, really liked.  Bob looks like how I would feel if I were in his shoes.  That's why I love the plane picture!

Here's more pictures and them singing together.  I love it!

Re: The plane quest

Susan
Nick I'm happy to hear that you got your photo today, that really must have warmed your heart!
I'm sure it will look wonderful hanging on your wall!

Dorine I haven't seen that picture of Doris and Bob, Thanks for sharing!

Re: The plane quest

fluffy cloud
Good for you Nick!!Enjoy it every Day!! (I am sure you do!)

Re: The plane quest

Re: The plane quest

what about this?....

Re: The plane quest