TV SHOWS AND THE COMMERCIAL FLUFF

I recently wrote to a tv producer re: the new show NASHVILLE, complaining about how often they do repeats rather than offer new episodes.  You may be interested in the response I got. I am not happy about it because I think is is because of this that people lose interest in tv shows and why they often face such early deaths.  Nevertheless, here is the response:

There are 21 episoess to run in a season. We always run originals in Oct., Feb and May because those are sweeps months and advertisers care more about ratings those months. Other weeks are going to be repeats and pre-emptions. With 52 weeks in a year, that's just how it goes. We will have 4 new eps in a row starting May 1. : )
Patrick K. Preblick c/o ABC.Com

Now you know...

Re: TV SHOWS AND THE COMMERCIAL FLUFF

I don't watch this show...my daughter does.
Never got into it...I think I must be watching something else when it's on.