SHOP TILL YOU DROP

Black Friday....my favorite day of the year.
I leave home around 5:30a.m. and stay till about 9:00p.m.
I go with my good friend Geri.  We have been doing this (a tradition) for at least 9 years
It's so much fun.  We talk, shop, eat, laugh, walk a lot and we really don't have terrible lines to stand in.
We never go to the malls...some outlets and discount stores but we get to spend
time together. Since I retired 4 years ago...I don't see Geri everyday like I used to.  We both worked in the office..I miss her and all my friends but not the job.
Usually our last stop is for dinner which is always mexican....it was so yummy too.

So we had a blast again and said we couldn't wait for next year.
Mike has names for us...he can tell you what they are.

Hope everyone had a HappyThanksgiving.

Re: SHOP TILL YOU DROP

Sounds like fun! As Kevin always says he highly recommends retirement!

Re: SHOP TILL YOU DROP

I have never ever regrettd one day of retirement. The best thing I did.
They wanted me to come back and volunteer and I said if I was going to come back and volunteer and I would have stayed
and got paid.
I did all the volunteering for 25 years...even after my daughter left elementary school...enough was enough.
When you retire that what it means...you retire and do what you want when you want.

Re: SHOP TILL YOU DROP

Do you mean RUNAROUNDRITA and WHIPPERSNAPPERWHITE AT IT AGAIN???

Re: SHOP TILL YOU DROP

That's us.

Re: SHOP TILL YOU DROP

People have asked Kevin if he would volunteer as a firefighter somewhere. He said why would I go into a burning building for free! LOL!