Peanut Brittle

Barbara
This show is so cute, it is one that Carol and I have talked about,and how funny it is, Doris is hilarious when she auditions for a dancer in order to just get into the club, so they can look for the lost papers that Myrna (Rose Marie)  left in there the nigh before. Carol and Doris had a conversation on this little episode the other night, and it was hard for Doris to remember because she had to tape so many of these back to back.

Re: Peanut Brittle

I just laugh my head off everytime I watch Doirs do this dance scene.  She is so hilarious.
One of my favorite episodes...nobody does it better than Doris.

Re: Peanut Brittle

Barbara
So funny, if you need a lift and a laugh, pop in some of her TV shows, her facial expression and the way she can roll her eyes is priceless.

This is another cute one

"The Woman Hater"

Re: Peanut Brittle

Barbara
Another cute one

"Hot Dogs" (Part 2)

Re: Peanut Brittle

Love this episode...Doris and I talked about this one when we talked a couple weeks ago.
She didn't remember it at first but as I was telling her about it she did remember it...My daughter knows this show word for word and can do the entire episode.

Boy, they certainly don't do comedy shows today like they did back then or especiallly when Doris was doing her show in the late 60's and early 70's.  Like I said before.....she is a natural.

Re: Peanut Brittle

Nick
Doris is surrounded by a bunch of "blue meanies" in Hot Dogs.  And they are all so disingenuous, including her boss!  Isn't that just how life is at times?  She eventually matches tone with them (unfortunately, which is what you have to do sometimes with these types) until another reasonable level-headed genuine person comes along (ie. Judge Forrester, and Rose Marie's little outburst in court.)  Why are decent people always surrounded by jerks?  Thank God for the other decent people that help out!  We need more of them.  The Doris Day Show promoted those values above the selfish ambitions of derailed opportunists.

Re: Peanut Brittle

Funny, when you guys think of DD on TV, you mostly talk about her comedy show. NOT ME...I  think about her two TV specials, and I LOVED THEM BOTH.
The last part of the first special, when Doris did a stand up version of two of her signature songs, SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY and ITS MAGIC could not be topped.  It sort of reminds me of what it would have been like, if Doris had ever done a show in Vegas. No one could top it!