OSCAR TALK....

Just before Thanksgiving and Christmas each year, there is lots of talk about which films and actors will win an Oscar in the current year.
There are lots of predictions out there, but one keeps popping up:
The Film: "Lincoln"  The Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Re: OSCAR TALK....

I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE ABOUT  LINCOLN..

BUT...I'M GOING TO GO SEE THE NEW JAMES BOND MOVIE FIRST...SKYFALL.
I LOVE JAMES BOND MOVIES...SEEN EVERYONE OF THEM.  ROGER MOORE MY FAVORITE 007 AND THEN PIERCE BROSNAN...

Re: OSCAR TALK....

I can't think of the name but the new one with Helen Hunt looks very good.

Re: OSCAR TALK....

I don't know which one you are talking about but I do like Helen Hunt.

I had a friend who went to see "FLIGHT" and she said it was fabulous and she thinks it's Oscar material.

Re: OSCAR TALK....

Re: OSCAR TALK....

Oscar Talk always gets hotter once Golden Globe nominees are out.  If you have not seen or heard them, hear are the major ones:

Best Performance By An Actress In A Motion Picture – Drama
 ■Jessica Chastain, "Zero Dark Thirty"
 ■Marion Cotillard, "Rust And Bone"
 ■Helen Mirren, "Hitchcock"
 ■Naomi Watts, "The Impossible"
 ■Rachel Weisz, "The Deep Blue Sea"
I regret to say that I have seen none of the above. I am only interested in HITCHCOCK. Have no interest in the others.

Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture – Drama
 ■Daniel Day Lewis, "Lincoln"   (HE DESERVES THE OSCAR; HE WAS AMAZING)
 ■Richard Gere, "Arbitrage"
 ■John Hawkes, "The Sessions"
 ■Joaquin Phoenix, "The Master"
 ■Denzel Washington, "Flight"
OF THE ONES ABOVE, I HAVE ONLY SEEN "LINCOLN". I would love to see Gere get some attention. He, like Doris Day, is a good actor too often overlooked because he makes it look easy.

Best Motion Picture – Comedy Or Musical
 ■"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" A fun movie, but oscar???
 ■"Les Miserables"   THIS WAS AN EXCELLENT RENDERING OF THE BROADWAY SHOW ■"Moonrise Kingdom"
 ■"Salmon Fishing In The Yemen"
 ■"Silver Linings Playbook"

Best Performance By An Actress In A Motion Picture – Comedy Or Musical
 ■Emily Blunt, "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen"
 ■Judi Dench, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"  SHE WAS EXCELLENT, AS ALWAYS
 ■Jennifer Lawrence, "Silver Linings Playbook"
 ■Maggie Smith, "Quartet"
 ■Meryl Streep, "Hope Springs"  OF COURSE, GOOD, BUT SHE ALREADY HAS 4 OSCARS; ANYI MORE WOULD BE OVERKILL

Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture – Comedy Or Musical
 ■Jack Black, "Bernie"
 ■Bradley Cooper, "Silver Linings Playbook"
 ■Hugh Jackman, "Les Miserables"  EXCELLENT JOB BY HIM ■Ewan McGregor, "Salmon Fishing In The Yemen"
 ■Bill Murray, "Hyde Park On Hudson" I WANT TO SEE THIS; I HEAR HE IS WONDERFUL\

ok forum friends; it is now your turn. SPEAK!

Re: OSCAR TALK....

I don't know about you guys but I'm crossing all fingers for Sally Field this year. She's in the toughest category with great performances by the other ladies and looks like a runner up at the moment to 'Les Mis' Hathaway but my opinion is ...she deserves it... Go, Field, Go!!! :)

Re: OSCAR TALK....

fluffy cloud
Daniel Day Lewis is extraordinary,so is Sally Field.I hope they get a lot of oscars all together...for that outstanding movie

Re: OSCAR TALK....

Oscars are this Sunday...so I will be subtle about it:

 I WANT SALLY FIELD TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that subtle enough?
I thought she was amazing in Lincoln. She only had like 15 minutes in the movie but she showed so much depth to Mary Todd. She also gained 25 pounds and that in her age is a heck of an accomplishment...and lost it all too! Plus she looked so young in it. She was a perfect Mary Todd. And those who say she was a bit over the top...That WAS Mary Todd!!! If Mary was quiet and shy...she would have played quiet and shy.

~Don't you threaten me, you do it, do it...lock me up~

I don't know why hollywood doesn't like Sally and it's funny how they make fun of her previous Oscar acceptance speech but if you look back at it now after so many years...she was right...'for this moment and maybe not tomorrow I can't deny the fact that you like me'. Until 2011 she had as many Oscars as Meryl did and she was the momma that said life is just a box of chocolates, you don't know what you're gonna get. She gave a stellar performance in Steel Magnolias and was overlooked - also overlooked for Gump.

I'll be a fierce supporter of Sally's on Sunday...even though predictions are not in favor.

I haven't seen Les Mis yet but com'on she sings one song and that deserves an oscar? I think Hathaway is WAY overrated.

If Amy Adams was the leader in this category I would be ok with it (I would still think Field should get it) ..but Hathaway? Please!

I also want Daniel Day Lewis to win it...but I know he's getting it so I'm cool :)

Best director : Speilberg I loved how every frame of his was very detailed and just picture perfect. Lincoln's silhouette walking out of the white house, the dark scene in Willy's room - the flickering candle, Lincoln seated at his desk with his hanging watch...also have a look at the scene where Lincoln is undressing Mary...the mirrors...fantastic.

I really liked the film Lincoln.... I think you guys can tell!!! :P

Re: OSCAR TALK....

I want to see Lincoln and some of the others you mentioned.

Talking about Oscars . . . I saw a 1991 movie last night called "Oscar."  It is a hilarious story, well directed, great script, and very funny.  I love the Sylvestor Stallone character in this 1920's period picture, but there are many other wonderful actors in it too; all are excellent in their roles and funny.  Gotta see it, if you haven't.  You know Sly Stallone is a Doris Day fan - don't cha?

Here's the whole movie, just follow the next part 2, 3, etc.  It gets rolling like a snowball as it gets going.