New songs you like

I hear songs on the radio that I do like a lot and I'm sure you have some news songs that you also like. So I thought to start up a new topic.

Although the beginning and backgrounds sound a lot like "Waka Waka' by Shakira and for some reason ( possibly the same basic musical instrument) it reminds me of "Blue Eyes' by Mika. Nonetheless...I still like it :)

Re: New songs you like

I like this guy, Jason Mraz.

Re: New songs you like

I like the pop reggie, island sound Christie!  I don't listen to music very often on the radio so I appreciate learning some new stuff.   You'll have to lead us through this topic.

Here's a sweatheart I ran into on YouTube.  Old song, new singer.  I think she sings real nice.

Janet, I recognized that song right away.  I heard him doing it over at "Daryll Hall's house."  Here's another by Jason with Daryll.  He has a great voice and feel for music.  He reminds of someone, but I can't think of who?

Re: New songs you like

okay, for us old you know whats, define NEW.  Does that include a newly-released recording of a song never before released?  Like this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHmbDuxnTuU

Re: New songs you like

I like listening to the radio on my way to work in the morning. I hear this song every single morning:

I love it!!!! The lyrics are far from insightful (what lyrics (?) really!!!!!) but it sticks to you. In the morning when I get up..sure...anything could happen :)

Mike, I guess my definition is anything released within the current year....maybe I should have said contemporary ...me and my bad english!!

Re: New songs you like

In that case, I will leave this topic to you "youngsters" who listen to the music of the last year...I would just as soon not even hear it.  I hear NO ONE today who can sing like Doris..NO ONE!
On the other hand, like the millions of others who like them, I do enjoy ONE DIRECTION (cause I liked the boy groups when they were popular.)

http://youtu.be/t45i8cjHzko

As for ADELE...I would just as soon forget her. Doris needs to give her some singing lessons.

http://youtu.be/jCya1yiFFP4

That was HER big hit called SOMEONE LIKE YOU.  That title belongs to a different song, and a MUCH BETTER ONE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjHkPF1OQJM

OKAY...some time has lapsed and now I have changed my mind about ADELE.  Her performance of "SKYFALL" is nothing less than pure magic.

Re: New songs you like

Christie, I heard this song this weekend and remembered your "Between The Raindrops" song. This version was written by Donald Fagen in the '80, same title, different song. Donald Fagen was with the band "Steely Dan" which was very popular in the '70s, before he went solo. Apparently, Mel Torme liked his writing and recorded a few of his songs, and several others too. Mike, I am not an Adele fan, but "Skyfall" works when you watch the movie. Music changes. "Art" is supposed to be a "social barometer of the changing times." Christie, songwriting is where the money is. One songwriter said: "It will pay for your grandchildren's children's pension." And you get a kick out of hearing people singing your songs badly on Karaoke. $$ $$

Hey, that looks like the street in the beginning of "Lucky Me."

Re: New songs you like

Heard this song on the radio... too cool for school! Now that is ART... "the social barometer of the times." I wish I could play the recording studio version for you, but this is all there was. Christie, are you listening? Anybody? Just a "peep" will do.

Falling Out of the Window of Opportunity - Meryn Cadell