NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

Two 3-hour interviews complete with talk and music. Nancy For Frank on June23 and June 30 at 5 PM.  NANCY SINATRA interviews Doris on Siriusly Sinatra on Sirius XM, Channel 71.  LINK for further information.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

Did anybody record it?? Or did anybody hear it to give us a summary of what was said?

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

June 23rd not May.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

What did everyone think of the first half of the interview?  Nothing earth shattering, like I was expecting but nice.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

I enjoyed the music. Much of what was covered on Part I we have heard before.  Is it me, or does it seem that Nancy was not just letting  her talk?  All the current interviews (last couple years) have not just let Doris talk. She's 90...it is ok to just let her talk!

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

I thought it was wonderful to hear Doris. It was a great interview. Yes, I wish there was more talking and less music. We'll see what part 2 brings. I can't wait to hear it!

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

I loved it.  Doris and Frank are my two favorite male/female solo vocalists so I thought there was a certain synergy to it even if no new territory was covered.  New territory would be hard for many of us here since we have read and heard it all.  What was new was, it was Nancy Sinatra, daughter of "The Chairman of the Board," and knowledgeable as a singer and actress in her own right, who was clearly expressing that she was a big Doris Day fan as well as her father Frank.  I believe her!  And the musical choices she picked and comments indicated a familiarity and love for Doris and her work, even though it wasn't a perfect discussion.  I thought it confirmed my own thoughts that Doris and Frank were both tops in the business, King and Queen of that era, and still holders of the crown in my book.  Although they had/have very different personalities, and lifestyles, there was a huge respect for each other.  Putting myself in Frank's shoes, working on the Hit Parade, etc.  I think Frank really loved, respected, and protected Doris; he just knew "they" could never be "an item" - thus he stayed away, it broke his heart, don't you think Frank had a broken heart?  Doris went to support him when his was down after walking out on Columbia.  Frank loved Doris.  I got it from Nancy.  I don't think Doris did?

Had to be partly why he wouldn't let "so and so," (why wouldn't they say his name?) on the set of "Young At Heart."  In that movie, their exchange before the wedding I think Frank knew and delivered the lines well that he knew "this convention of angels" just wasn't in the cards for him.  Maybe I am reading into it, but I got a lot out of thinking as I listened that I hadn't really thought about before.  Mostly it was a Sinatra Family tribute to Doris - Nancy said: Doris was her favorite and we all think so too.  And they answered the question that I would have asked Doris (even though she discusses it in her book)  "What did Grace Raines EXACTLY teach you about singing?"  Yeah!!!  The songs just blew me away hearing them all back to back and not knowing what was next.  Two Thumbs up from me!  Thank you Nancy!  I like you a lot more now - you get it too!!!

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

They need to make the shows into a CD - I'll buy a copy.  There was a reason why "Young At Heart" floored me!  I saw Doris through Frank's eyes, which were my own for an older girl I once had a crush on, who was out of reach for me.  That movie will endure forever . . . because it was Frank and Doris!  Two opposites, but the best in the business.  Opposites attract.  No wonder Frank didn't want to die at the end of the movie!  Frank loved Doris like all of us!  Did you hear his version of "Secret Love?"  I got it!  Frank had a tough guy exterior, but also had a big heart!  That is why he was such a great crooner.  I am guessing, he knew Doris was the best too (as many in the business said,) and having worked with her, maybe he thought, in his heart of hearts, that she was just a tad better.  I think she was, but they are in two different categories: male and female - King and Queen of song.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

wonderful analysis, Nick.   I am listening to PART Two NOW, and I think it is even better.
Never thought about Frank having a "crush" on Doris...maybe so. I know he definitely protected her. But then, didn't all of  her costars?  They all loved and protected DD...all but one: Kirk.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

I agree that Frank may have had a crush on her. But she was out of his league. She was the girl he couldn't have which probably made him love her more.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

Nick
Exactly Janet!!!

I am listening to part 2 . . . too Mike.  I never really thought about it either before this interview.  This is incredible, because Nancy is giving Doris the credit she is due.  At last, AMEN!!!  It couldn't have come from anybody better suited for the job, except maybe from her father, but then he speaks through Nancy.   Everybody has heard of Frank Sinatra, but unfortunately many have not heard near enough of Doris Day today or the great songs she recorded with so much love . . . that are the best!  And you can hear it when her songs are compared to the "other best" in the business - Frank Sinatra.  I could cry too.  I share your joy Doris - I know the feeling.  Bravo Nancy!!!

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

I think Nancy did a great job.  I loved Part 1 and Part 2 was fabulous.
I know exactly what Nancy was talking about when you feel bad or having a terrible day...if you just put on Doris singing or watch one of her movies or tv show you just feel so much better.
I've said that for years...I can be so down and watch Doris and start laughing.
Like I've always said...Doris is just an angel here on earth.

I recorded both parts on my dvr so now I can listen to it whenever.

Doris sounded so good...but she always does.  It's too bad The nasty "Globe"  wasn't listening to this interview instead of trying to make her out like she's in bad health and writing nasty articles about her constantly instead of praising her for what a beautiful person she is on the inside and out.

Way to go Nancy....an incredible interview.
We all love you Doris.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

Yup, Doris's music, movies and TV are a cure for depression alright.

I read the customer agreement, and it had a bunch of stuff about NOT copying any of their broadcasts (very confusing) . . . and I thought to myself . . . I would never, ever, ever, do that!  Not little ole me, but I can't speak for Kermit.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

So many fans overseas didn't get the opportunity to hear it...what a shame that can't go
into Siriusly Sinatra and listen.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

My favorite DD song by Nancy Sinatra.  Not bad, not bad at all . . . we think alike!

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

Thanks everyone for your take on the interview. I wish I could hear it. I only got a chance to hear seconds of it. A person posted on tumblr the part when Nancy reduced Doris to tears when she said how much she idolized her and wanted to be just like her and how her movies lift her spirits and make her feel happy. I wish I could listen to the whole interview.

Re: NEW INTERVIEWS JUNE 2013

it is posted (until someone takes it off) on the doris day forum. We at songs and memories follow the rules, so it will not be posted here.