Movie & Television Songs and Soundtracks

Movie & Television Songs and Soundtracks

A lot of great songs and music came from the movies.  Had this one on my mind today.  From one of the best Western's of all time; starring Gary Cooper and Grace Kelly.  It's a movie about one man's courage and willingness to forsake all, to save the town, though no one in the town will stand with him.

High Noon

The Lyrics - "Do Not Forsake Me, Oh My Darlin'"
These are the bad guys on a mission.  The song is the good guy's thoughts about what is to come.

It has Universal appeal - Cute!

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Love this album of movie soundtracks, John Williams Plays the Movies. Here's the Godfather.

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Nick
I love John Williams!  I was thinking about the Godfather today too!

I added Television songs to the topic title too.  I just love this song.  It makes me feel in touch with the miraculous!

Deep Space Nine

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

More Star Trek music.  Cool to watch them play it.  Such beautiful music!  I like it better than Bach.  Sorry Bach . . .

The conductor looks part "Klingon!"   I want them to play this at my funeral!  What a nice send-off into the next world!!!  And I want to be buried dressed in a Michigan Football uniform with the winged-helmet on . . . and my Doris Day CDs.

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Oh Nick, what a request!!! Enjoy life and don't worry about how you will enter the next world!

I love the Amelie Soundtrack.

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

What, me worry?  It's just the Star Trek music.

Do I look worried?

I saw Amelie at the Theater about 10-years ago.

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Worried? Of course not...you look like a handsome lefty singing to Alcatraz!! What's that you're singing??

I really liked Amelie...I saw it in the movies too :)

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Handsome?  Really? Awe shucks!  But I am just a frog.

But actually, I was singing the song from my Movie, but I love Johnny Cash.

I think Karen Carpenter and Willy Nelson sing my song better than me.

My Ma met Johnny Cash once.  In the UK.

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

anialek36

Absolutely love it Wonderful music, wonderful movie♥

Magic, something beautiful♥

Super music!

♥♥♥♥♥

Oh wonderful song♥
Ania

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

anialek36
Michał Lorenc-http://michallorenc.com/bio_en.php?english=1

Absolutely wonderful music, wonderful movie♥

Absolutely wonderful music, wonderful movie♥

Love it♥

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Nick
Together Again...

Thanks Mickey (Sept. 23, 1920 - April 6, 2014)

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

I'm sure they're already putting on a show!

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Nick
Monday, April 14th, what's the market doing? Who cares... time to put the finishing touches on those tax returns. On the lighter side, I saw this movie over the weekend... it was cool. Love those '60s movies. Can't get this song out of my head.

Sunday In New York

Re: Movie Songs and Soundtracks

Nick
Strap on your roller-skates! Excellent!