Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

12345678 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

The guy who replaced Ace, Tommy Thayer is excellent. They're still rocking despite their age. I guess Paul Stanley is going for his third hip operation due to performing in platform shoes all those years!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
A workplace hazard. I guess Ace left long ago? Ace said he wished they never started the make-up, because once they got it started, they couldn't stop it. All the time it took to get made-up before concerts was a pain, plus his face and eyes would swell up so bad if drove him crazy! But without those get-ups, they would have never been so popular would they? They are quite a phenomenom. Rock on!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Love those Canadian Rockers, they have a way of putting their finger on the issues of life: "I Got No Time" cause "I'm Taking Care of Bidness." Hmmmm... Good theme songs for 2013 too. Back to work!

The extended version - great song! Crank it!

A little Canadian/American Collaboration

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Saudade: "The love that remains." Feelings of both sadness and joy, sadness for the missing of someone or something, and the joy for having had the experience.

Saudade No. 3 - by Roland Dyens, Kaori Muraji on guitar,

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick

"If I Could Turn Back The Hands of Time" - Tyrone Davis 1970

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
If I could turn back the hands of time... oooooh yah!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Kermit, did you take out the trash?"
"Nope..."
"Oh, come on Kermit! Do I always have to do everything?"
"Yup, I'm busy right now."

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Cornelis Brothers and Sister Rose - Too cool for school! What happened to songs like this? The lyrics are right on the money!

"My mama told me, she said son please beware... There's this thing called Lo-a-ove, and it's-a, ev-er-y-where..."

It's Too Late To Turn Back Now - 1972

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Great tune Nick! That's a classic! Here's a few more:

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
My mind was already starting to go there Janet.

Buffalo Springfield, now that's Neil Young on guitar (with the long sideburns) and Steven Stills with the hat. A song of the "60s that is still relevant today - there's something going on alright!

Cream, ah now that brings back memories... I think I was a Boy Scout at that time. Our troop met once a week in the evening at a church; about a block from campus. We had a sick-twisted patrol leader named Damon, who would take us (about 3 or 4 of us) on the town at night (we were supposed to be doing "good deeds,") but he took us to these Hippie boutique shops, with black lights, and '60s psychedelic posters, and other paraphilia, and we would marvel at them in our Boy Scout uniforms, while Damon would get weird. Then we would stroll the streets for the rest of the time, and go back to the church for closing ceremonies. I guess that was our good deed. I found it amusing. You should have seen our camping trips. I quit after a year or so. Thanks for memory Janet.

To Damon - Our Disturbed Patrol Leader

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

While  you are turning back time....

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Big hit for Cher - catchy tune Mike. Eddie, that almost sounds like a cowboy song.
Songs about time, looking back, time warp... popular theme for songwriters through the ages. Hmmm... "Stardust," "Blue Moon," "As Time Goes By," "Begin The Begine," how about "Deep Purple"

A snappy upbeat "Deep Purple"

This would be a different "Long Ago and Far Away."

That's Joni doing the background vocals.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Kermit, did you bring in the trash bins?"

"Yup."

"Great, thank you."

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
You used to be able to buy a nice "family car" like this off the showroom floor for under $5,000.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

My family had a yellow one minus the spoiler!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick

Smokin

Cool Janet! I had a Lime Green one. I like the Yellow too. Ooooh yah...

My motocross buddy had a two 1969 metallic green "Roadrunners." Both roomy, comfortable, and fast. We used to tow our race bikes to the races with it. It was "a sleeper" like this; but boy, did it float down the highway nice with bikes on the trailer. We wore out the "Boston" cassette tape, and others too.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
The "Dr. Frankenstein" (Frankensteen! ) of auto restoration. I wish it was this easy.

The Detroit Spinners - aka "The Spinners.."

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Joan Osborne doing a "Spinners" hit.

I'll Be Around

12345678 ... 18