Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

1234567 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Wow!  Music has come a long way since the '70s.   Maybe it will work on this topic with this old tune?  Hey, there's Superman, he's a hero!

Nope Not Yet   - The O'Jays

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Check your browser, works for the rest of us.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Hmmmm . . . still can't figure it out.  Done did browser maintenance checks - no problems noted.  Still no worky.  Hmmm . . .

Heartaches By The Number  Faces still working.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Glad you figured it out even though you have to do all that copy and pasting!
Love your new avatar!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Thank you Christie! I feel the need to groove . . . like 51,943,901 others before me . . . Come on Kermit!!!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

"Chicago" was second only to "The Beach Boys" of the American bands in Billboard singles and album chart success. Listen and hear, it's "The Beach Boys" doing the backup vocals in this huge hit by "Chicago" in 1974.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
CHICAGO, known as "the rock band with horns" has the longest running horn section in the history of recorded music. They began in 1967, released their first album in 1969, and are still performing today. This song is from their first album when they went by the name of "Chicago Transit Authority." They were forced to change their name to CHICAGO because there was an actual "Chicago Transit Authority" that didn't want them using the name.

Beginnings

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

they were a great band!!... Ha! Are a great band! I didn't know they still perform!!!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Kermit and I remember hearing Chicago on the radio all the time in the 70s. They could really do "warm and fuzzy" big time. The first video captures that time, but is not the best sound quality - but not too bad. The third video is great sound quality, but no pictures. But who needs pictures - just close your eyes and listen.

Just You and Me - There's that horn section again. Love it!

Gotta play the one with good sound quality too!

Next is one of Kermit's favorite "warm and fuzzy" songs by Chicago. One of the best! "Happy Man."

WARNING! This song might make you want to go fall in love and get stupid - Right Kermit? Yup!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Kermit and I are stuck here at the hotel - I don't know where, or how we got here? It may be time travel, or just a silly dream. Everybody seems nice and it's pretty easy just lounging around. Can't complain, but we are not sure how to get back home? I think we are stuck in the '60s?

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
600 posts!  How do we get home Kermit?  We're stuck in a time-warp, and there is so much to do... Keep thinking...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Not a bad time or place in which to be stuck.  so relax and enjoy!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Relax Kermy. This is what they play at our hotel. You can hear it on the balcony overlooking the bay - it has a mesmerizing affect on Kermit while he watches the waves. Yes, we're stuck in paradise.

Ouuu... I tawt I taw a shark! I did, I did - I did tee a shark!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Snap out of it Kermit, here comes our plane ride home! We gotta get going! What more is there to say that hasn't been said - except maybe thank you for all the fun? 600+ longwinded posts, and hundreds before that. Come on... Don't worry, everything will be fine... everything has always worked out... hasn’t it Kermit? Watch your head buddy.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Here you go Mike! The quality isn't that good because of the lights and pyrotechnics. But it gives you a good idea of how loud it was.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

OMG....HOW DID YOU STAND IT THAT LOUD?
THAT COULD DEAFEN A PERSON.

THAT'S WHAT I CALL MAKING SOME NOISE....LOL

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

What did you say? I can't hear you! My ears were ringing for a couple of days! The pyrotechnics were unreal. They were shooting rockets off the ends of their guitars. Gene Simmons was breathing fire. Our hotel room was literally less than 100 yards from the stage. We could have stayed in our room and heard the whole concert.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

KISS - Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, "Detroit Rock City" - Hah!  Bankrupt war zone last I heard.  I have never seen them live, but I have heard all about it.  Once read an interview with Ace Frehley in "Guitar Player Magazine" - he hated the make-up, and had an allergic reaction to it that would cause his face to swell up, so he became a drunk.  I think they kicked him out of the band several times for being so drunk before performances, he couldn't stand up.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I wish there were MORE smiley-face options.  Mike, get on that right away please!  I got my umpf back!  Lookout!

Ace Frehley

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Said he hated seeing Gene Simmons putting on airs in a 3-piece business suit and briefcase when negotiating contracts with recording execs.  Poor Ace Frehley, it's tough being a rock star!  Oh well, back to my mile-long list.

Gene Simmons
1234567 ... 18