Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

123456 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I've heard "Between The Raindrops" before, good song and video!

Excellent Picture!!!  Another boy to raise!

Here's Kermit's first-born!

Here's a song to go with your picture!  My boy!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I apologize, Kermit has a soft spot for puppies . . . and children.  Please excuse me for a moment while I pull myself together.

That's better. . .

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Not many people know this, but it was NOT The Righteous Brothers who had the biggest or initial hit with the song called "UNCHAINED MELODY"!!!  The song was originally featured in the Hollywood Film called "Unchained".  It was released by a number of folks at the time (1955) on single recordings. The movie track featured a still unknown singer named Todd Duncan.
Hit parade versions of the song were by: Al Hibbler (reached #3 in the US and #1 in the UK) and  Roy Hamilton (#6  but #1 on the R&B charts) , but the top version was by an orchestra leader, Les Baxter and his chorus of singers, and it reached #1 in the US and #10 in the UK.

The biggest version in the UK was by an unknown singer in the US by the name of Jimmy Young.

The BEST KNOWN version of the song today is the one by the Righteous Brothers. When it was first released, in 1965, it reached #4 on US charts and #14 on UK charts.
"Unchained Melody" reappeared on the Billboard charts in 1990 after The Righteous Brothers' recording was used in the box office blockbuster film Ghost. Two versions charted in the US that year. There was the reissue of the 1965 original Righteous Brothers single which received a lot of airplay, but sales were minimal since it was only available as a 45 RPM single. This version peaked at #13. There was also a 1990 re-recording of the song which was available only as a cassette single. The re-recorded version saw minimal airplay, but excellent sales. It peaked at #19. For eight weeks, both versions were on the Hot 100 simultaneously. This re-release of the song topped the U.S. adult contemporary chart for two weeks in 1990. It reached #1 for the fifth time in the UK, becoming the UK's top selling single of 1990, and has since sold 1.04 million copies. It also later reached #1 in Australia, staying at number-one for seven weeks through November 1990 and into January 1991.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I like Les Baxter's the best.

I have NEVER, NEVER, NEVER seen a YouTube with 100 MILLION views.  I had to do a double-take.  Yup, this one has 101 Million views.  What do you think?

Christina Perri

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Not sure I understand why.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Kermit thought Janet would enjoy this Spanish guitar music.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Love it, thank you!

Here's some more new music I like.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I love Country music!  Keep it coming!

This movie was on TCM last night.  I can't get the song out of my head now.  Things have changed a bit since 1966 when this clip was filmed, but the song is still a winner (by Jules Styne and Sammy Cahn.)  He looks a little like Russell Crowe and Gordon McRae.

Kermit wants to jump in.  Looks refreshing.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Yes...and I watched the movie last night. Had not seen it since it was in the theatres in the 50's and liked it just as much now as then.
Of course, Sinatra had the big hit on the song (at first) because it was on the soundtrack of the film.  Eventually, tho, the biggest seller was by the 4 Aces.  My favorite: Doris, of course.

First off...here is the soundtrack version by Frankie boy..

That, one, however, was not the best selling version by Frank. He recorded it twice in 1954. Here was the hit version by him:

The bigger hit?  This one, by the Four Aces

No video available by Doris yet. HEY CHRISTIE...ARE YOU STILL ALIVE???

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I still haven't seen the movie yet . . . I recorded it.  Just watched the title song and opening scene.  It's not my favorite Sinatra song, but I love the fountain in your 2nd video!  But it is a great song and is still in my head today.  I WAS going to post my favorite version by Doris, but it's not there on YouTube.  Christie can't fix everything.  It's OK, Christie.

Due to the musical genius of Jules Styne, it sounds good without words too.  You can sing to this Mike.

A jazzy version.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Here's one for you Kermit.

A "first day of Summer" song . . . reminds me of hot Summer nights, and the radio.  Probably my favorite electric guitarist.  Definitely in the top 5.

Carlos, the older I get, the more I dig your music brother!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Hey, did anyone see the big "Supermoon" this weekend?

Diana Panton - Hey, isn't that Andy's, I mean Henry Mancini's song?  Very sweet and intimate vocals.  You don't need new fans Diana, you need a new manager!  First we need to change your last name to Deutschendorf or Kappelhoff to fill the marquis. . . and it has a nice ring to it . . . Kermit and I will handle everything!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

very entertaining, Nick.  Totally enjoying hyou and Kermit.  Did you listen to the Nancy Sinatra interview?  Your thoughts.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Kermit and I makes more than one . . . and the more the merrier on the Forum.  Kermit is good company and a good sounding board.

Yes, I listened to the Nancy Sinatra interview - I was in heaven!    My comments are posted under 2 different topics in the Doris Day section of the Forum.

I am listening to Part Deux right now.  Two days of heaven . . .  wow, I'll never be the same!!!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I did see the supermoon although I was waiting for ET to cycle across it! Bummer I missed it ...did anybody catch that???

Sniff Sniff, no interview for us abroad

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Christie, you get the BBC broadcasts of Doris that we can't always get access to over here, so I guess it balances out.  It was mostly music, and only 5 minute interviews every half-hour during the entire 6-hour show.  But it was still cool.  Maybe somebody will put it on YouTube in time?

I saw the Supermoon, but not the ET cycle.

Check out "Moonlight Serenade."  It starts at 3:29 into the video.  Excellent!

Why won't it "embed" the video?  What I do?  Can't get them to embed anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0pttOKCdc4

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I didn't think of it earlier. But there are some tools whereby you can mask your ip address so it looks like you're in the US. Then you could have listened. I used one last year because I couldn't watch the Olympics live on the BBC since I was in the US. Using this tool I made it look like I was in Europe. I'll have to see if I can dig it out again if we need it.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Thanks. I had heard about that but I have never tried it so I don't know how it works.

Nick, I have no idea why you can't embed. I'm sure there is no limit to users to embed. Maybe it's just a mishup that will be fixed soon. Keep trying ..if it still doesn't work..we'll need a hero to figure this one out

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

What's going on with the videos? Embed is working for me.

123456 ... 18