Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

1 ... 15161718

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
June 6th... D-Day... a tribute to all the brave soldiers and their families for all they accomplished at such a great cost.  Thank you...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Love On the Rocks" cool title for an album.  I always ask:  "How do you define love?"  That usually ends it... before you get the cottage.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Never take "love" advice from songs... now let us collect our thoughts for a minute.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Here's one from a Vinyl Obsessive Audiophile.  Nice sound quality.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I know what you mean Mr. Sting...  Whoa oh!!!

June 21st, let the summer begin...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
On the 2nd day of my summer vacation...  what a satisfying tasty barbeque fills our tummies, think we'll take a stroll down the sandy beach with the warm summer breeze blowing across our sunkissed faces, gentle waves lapping over our feet, stars peeking out, as the sun begins to set... how romantic.

Music Maestro... perfect!

Hey Kermit, did you know the early '60s were still the '50s, like the early '70s were still the '60s?

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Beautiful ancient instruments... while the Sitar was developed in the 16th century, the flute, drums, and Santoor (dulcimer like instrument) go back to the Mesopotamian and Babylonian times.  Peace be unto you...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Natalie's Dad... Y'all be smooth now.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Dang Captain Burl, you sing real sweet!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Jerry Lewis dies at 91... can that be said so casually?  My God!  Jerry Lewis!!!  Stop the world please, let us give pause!

I related to Jerry's persona as a very young movie going kid... I still do.  There was nobody like him.  He was huge influence on me growing up; he helped me find humor in all the suffering in life... especially in the most tense situations.  Thanks Jerry for everything.  Forever buddy!

I would say that Doris Day, and all her work... which is a reflection of a special quality in her, is the another huge influence in my life.  She showed me by her example that you can be happy in this life.  Not a forced or fake happiness, but a deep inner joy and peacefulness that perseveres, in spite of the ups and downs... and a sense of wonder that keeps life fresh.  The beauty is from within, and a connection to the source of love.  The sad times are just as meaningful as the good times, maybe more.  To me Doris is the epitome of a quote attributed to President Abraham Lincoln that said: "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."  I see that now that Doris has modeled it so beautifully, or as humanly possible.  Nobody is perfect...but she sold me.

Whistle Me Some Blues.   Now I am no longer blue... hmmm....

Not bad brother Pat... you know it's one of my favorite songs... buddy.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
OK, who has been to The Hotel Astor rooftop garden and club?

Gee it looks swell!!!   Here is a live performance from the roof on June 25, 1944

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69eU6UVIfus

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Doris, they are using your song... saw on it TV during football game... I said: "Hey, that's Doris!"

Doodle, doodle, doo do... doodle, doodle, doo, do... doodle, doodle, doo, doo, do. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JosRNhwRrIU

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I say it is about time, and they should use a lot more of her songs.
1 ... 15161718