Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I read somewhere that Janice McClain was only 15 when she recorded this song... Stay warm, it's freezing outside!!!

"The Big Friendly (all girl) Jazz Orchestra" from Takasago High School in Japan... in their clubhouse.  They're awesome!  The hip-cat in the sport coat, living his dream, must be their instructor.  Louie Armstrong would be proud... Priceless!

I never get tired of this song... call me a sappy romantic... if you like... it's true...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Doris's face and expression was always as pure and uncluttered as a 4-year old child.  She must have thought good thoughts...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

The Sound of Music - Lady Gaga did a great job with this song the other day... Julie Andrews was fantastic in the movie, but I never understood the song until I heard Doris Day sing it... you can hear the lyrics, and it is sung with the right feeling.  Note: Doris recorded it several years before the movie.  It builds slowly, as if telling a story, to the last stanza, and then beautifully delivers the whole point of the song (and the movie) at the end.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I agree with James Garner...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Do you think Doris would have been good in that role? I don't know.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Janet, if Doris did it, it would be a completely different picture... cause she's an American girl.  However, I am having trouble picturing Doris as a nun.

But Doris is so good...she would have made a fun nun

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I suppose Petula Clark also... but she is such a tiny thing.

Spring has sprung... a time for new beginnings...  Carry on...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I can't picture Doris in the role. But she always pulled off any role she took on. So I bet she would have been wonderful!

Happy Birthday Miss Doris...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Don't laugh... guarding Windsor Castle is serious duty!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Missing Mr. Nick and his great comments.  Come on back...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Let us have a listen to a beautiful voice from across the pond and much overlooked.  Anne Shelton with Ambrose and His Orchestra...  1941.

These guys knew what they were fighting for...

All aboard for "Soooul Traaaaaainnnn!"

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Happy 4th...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Love the music you find Nick!!!!!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Thanks Janet.... hey, only 49-days until kick-off!!!

Every time I hear the "Washington Post March," I think of the movie:  "Stripes" starring Bill Murray.

1 ... 9101112131415 ... 18