Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

12345 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Is . . . Dianne Reeves IS still performing the last I heard?

You're welcome, and I luv y'all too Mike, but that doesn't change reality.  There has to be genuine interest.  God knows I have tried.  "Right Kermit?"  "That's right Nick!"

Maybe it will pick up in the future . . . ???  We all have to prioritize what is important to us.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

 Interest is there....We are averaging over 200 visits to the forum every day.
Response is a different matter. However, if you check any other forums, you will find the same kind of response.  Point of fact: Steven Munns (Discovering Doris Day) GAVE UP his forum: not enough response.
As long as people are still visiting (respond or not), we will give them something to read and listen to. Your help always appreciated.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Well then, the world is spinning just as it should in it's orbit, no matter what happens!  It's just human nature to inquire.  Who, what, why, when and where, and my favorite . . . How?

For all you "crickets" out there (Kermit loves crickets,) someone just uploaded a ton of Dianne Reeves on YouTube, so you'll be hearing more from her.  Kermit loves her singing!  She's a natural.  She seems to love singing too!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Parlez-vous francais Kermit?" ..............  "Non!"................"Oh well . . . you'll like it anyway."

Stacey Kent

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Here's one back at you Nickleberry.  I know you like good bossa music!

With love from, Kermit

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick, I'm interested and reading all the time. I just don't have time to come up with new stuff to add. That Mike guy is a slave driver!!!!!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Thanks Janet for the feedback, and I understand completely!

Time is our most precious commodity.  I love music, like you and Mike.  I love to find great songs to listen to, and it is fairly easy for me to share them since I am doing the research anyway - out of genuine interest, when I get the urge, that is.  I think feedback is important to many of those who post, as Barbara indicated before; or Forums tend to die-out - as Mike pointed out above.  That is the PURPOSE of Forums - sharing, chatting and feedback.  If everybody just reads, then there is no activity.  That is just logical.  I have no control of what others do and that is understood, so that is not my concern, but being objective, I see activity seriously waning.  The less involvement makes it harder for the rest to continue.  We are only human.  Many have come and gone since I have been here. . .

I think it is a beautiful Forum, and I would hate to see it die-out.  And I have certainly made the effort to keep it alive!  But the past does not guarantee the future, and some things are out in my control.  I can't do it all either; and neither do I feel obligated.  Just some thoughts that I hope will be helpful feedback.  I won't mention it again, just wanted y'all to know what it looks like from here.  Free feedback, can't beat that!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
A different take on "A Foggy Day."  Sorry Mike, it has a little "scat."  But understand it can be part of the music - soulful improvisation and musical exchange between the band and singer!  I can dig it!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Doris aside, you know that three of my favorite singers include Sarah Vaughan, Bobby Darin and Mel Torme.  All 3 occasionally do scat. When they do, I just turn it off. I put it in the same category as rap, which I cannot abide.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Whatever floats your boat.  Maybe some of Kermit's secret followers will like it.  Who knows?

We share many musical tastes; I like Darin, Vaughan, and Torme.  There are all kinds of music out there to choose from.  I admire artists who attempt to break the mold from time to time.  It's often  a balancing act of being innovative and being popular, but ultimately, beauty is in the eye (and ears) of the beholder.  I think we can agree on that.

Sometimes it is nice without any words.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Mike, I thought you liked Vic Damone too!

Kermit's secret followers are enjoying all the posts he is sharing :D

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Milás Elliniká Kermit?"   . . . . " Δεν υπάρχει κανένα απολύτως πρόβλημα!"

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I LOVE Vic Damone...I have many many many favorite male singers (most from the 50's). My female favorites, after Doris, are few: Kay Starr, Sarah Vaughan, Jo Stafford, Peggy Lee. Dinah Shore, Dinah Washington, Julie London, Georgia Gibbs....that about covers it. Most of you  read my book, so you know how I feel about Patti Page and Connie Francis.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Ούτε γάτος ούτε ζημιά!! means no problem

Intro Lyrics:
It's never cold in Greece, it never was... do you want to go on a trip to a magic country where everybody is having fun?..they even say they are the experts in fun!!

I'm trying to think which is my current favorite greek song...I don't really listen to greek music to be honest.. but I think I will say this one is:

Chorus Lyrics:
If I could become God for a little bit,
I would change a lot of things, it's no lie
One thing, though, I would keep the same,
you my love.
From Alpha to Omega you are a magnificent creature,
I wonder what God saw
and was inspired to create you.

The singer is crappy I know!!! But I just love the song!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Mike I know you love Vic that is why I was surprised that you didn't include him in your favorites list above :)

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Love this song!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Όπως γνωρίζετε, αντιμετωπίζουμε ένα πρόβλημα με τις μεταφράσεις.

Kermit sometimes bites off more than he can chew, but he likes all the songs . . . and Vic Damone.  "Pink" and "Fun" are good; maybe you could post some more of them Janet.  I don't know that much about the current music, but would like to learn what's going on.

Christie, I love the dirt bike pictures, that's me . . . well that was me - when I used to ride.  I think I would like to take a Greek vacation with Kermit.  Looks like fun.   We have beach parties here too, but it gets cold in the winter.  Here's some Michigan Good Time Music I found.  We're surrounded by the Great Lakes and have lots of beaches and lakes.  Kermit loves water!

Not a bad song!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

How about some Lifehouse!

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Great choices Janet!

Nick, not a bad song at all :)

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Hey Nick,

John had this on Facebook. I thought you might like it!

12345 ... 18