Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

1 ... 45678910 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I always thought Ruby Keeler was as cute as a button. Love the song "I Only Have Eyes For You" ... never get tired of it. Busby Berkeley must have been on mind-expanding drugs...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
It's Music Monday... let's see... Hmmm...???

When I was in my 20s, I started listening to music that my friends weren't that excited about. Let's see, who can I blame... my mother's Frank Sinatra records? Maybe it was Joni Mitchell, or Steely Dan? or that "Swing Out Sister" cassette I bought, and those long drives up North?

Steely Dan

Swing Out Sister

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
- Music Monday continued -
Yes, I think it was Frank Sinatra, and "Swing Out Sister" that made me start to turn to Pop music. I thought "Swing Out Sister" made some cool music... and I still stand by that... no matter what my friends thought.

Maybe it's because she has an upbeat '60s retro feel in her music. It's called "Sophisti-Pop" (Late 1980s.) Maybe it's because she is British. Maybe because she looks and sounds gorgeous! Or "D" - all of the above.

Waiting Game

Precious Words

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Have you heard the Pippini Sisters? (a definite throwback to the days of the Andrews Sisters). They perform a lot with Michael Buble'
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlWkUGjoLRY

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
No, I have not heard of them per se, and your link doesn't work Mike...

I my opinion, as a general rule, but not always... Bob Dylan songs... as great as they are...sound better... when someone else sings them.

The end of another year... and a good time to reflect back, and then forward again to where we want to go. Best wishes for a Happy New Year to all of you.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Nope, it's all your fault................................. Just kidding....

Still a cool song - dig that organ too.

Beth Nielsen Chapman

Who remembers The Mike Douglas Show?

Don't get me started on The Beatles... too profound of an influence to talk about...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Wow... where were you in 1982? Were you one of the first to have a VHS player?

Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
This is kind of a cool song for the day after Valentine's Day.

"The King of Swing" w/ vocals by Louise Tibon - 1939

Happy Belated Birthday to Abraham Lincoln (Feb. 12th.) I forgot.

...And George Washington's Birthday too (Feb. 11th.) Things have changed a little... I am the little baby on the boat....

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Who knows the Jitterbug?

Blue Lunch from Cleveland

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

So, Nick...do you jitterbug?  When in h.s., I used to win jb contests at the dances. Now..not a chance.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"One, Two, Kick-step..." I took Ballroom Dancing in College Mike.  We covered the Jitterbug too.  I thought it was fun Mike.  There were only 3 guys in the class so we were in big demand.  The final exam on the dance floor was something...  I got an "A" ...but no trophies.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Here's an oldie. I like the song... good song.

Billy Cotton

Same song, with the warmer treatment by DeVol

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Rebekah Lhey Bella... I think is from the Philippines performing for small gigs. I found her on YouTube. Normally, I don't go for the wailing style singing parts; however, with Whitney Houston, and this gal, I don't mind so much. She's pretty good. Listen...

Inseparable

The Nearness of You

I love this song. But better without the wailing at the end... in my opinion.

Note: Doris always got the feeling without the wailing... which I like better. Less is more. Any thoughts?
1 ... 45678910 ... 18