Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

1 ... 3456789 ... 18

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
"Perfidia" from the Spanish word "Perfidy" meaning: faithless, treacherous, or false.

Glenn Miller Orchestra and the Modernaires

We're In The Money

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Mel Torme is awesome!

Haven't We Met

Eye In The Sky - Alan Parsons Project

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick

Charade

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Ennio Morricone - The composer of those great "Spaghetti Western" themes.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Mike has said, on two occasions, that he doesn't like this song. Maybe Burt's version is the best? Sung softly...

I like it! And I am in good company. "Alfie," where the rubber meets the road... Right Burt?

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Surprise link!  Andy and ?????  ... I didn't know she sang?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq0-gZPWhfg

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
If I didn't know this was Jack Jones singing, I might have thought this was Mel Torme.

Love Jack Jones's voice, but for this song, I still like Bing's baritone better.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
It's a modified GTO... and if it sounds like a Neil Diamond song, that's because he wrote it.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

How to sing a rock ballad... by Steve Perry.

How to get rich... by Steve Perry

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

In the midst of the  Beatles era, The Monkees were somewhat underated. Personally, I liked them 1000 percent better, and I liked their songs a lot better too.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
I love The Monkees, and we went ape over them as kids; however, they are not even in the same class as The Beatles. The Beatles were great musicians and songwriters, and their impact on the world was phenomenal. But I loved The Monkees too, who had a limited number of great songs compared to The Beatles. The Monkees were an American off-spin of The Beatles. They had good songwriters like Neil Diamond.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Other Neil Diamond favorites. Hey, the one sounds like a "Monkees" song.

Neil Diamond wrote this one.

"The Monkees" had great songwriters. A Monkees' song revived by Anne Murray, but Neil Diamond didn't write this one, but it sounds like a Neil Diamondish song.

If you want to feel like a kid again, just go for a bike ride. It works every time... it really does.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Nick
Written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie. I think of the people in the Philippines...

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I have always loved this song and the message it states. Too bad not enough people subscribe to the philosophy.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

Yes, things have changed...

Insightful Interview by a true Artist - Art with meaning.

Re: Kermit's Anything Goes Music Blog - If you don't know where to post it, post it here!

I saw Dionne Warwick on Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" show a few years ago. I couldn't believe how disrespectful some of her younger celebrity teammates were to her. They talked down to her as if she had never accomplished anything. Funny how many young people think they know it all. Actually, it is a shame to them... and they don't get it... a double shame.

1 ... 3456789 ... 18