JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick

Great Question!!!

I don't know! But let's look together. I don't think this guy does either.

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick

Here's a better definition of Jazz music.

Jazz is the MOST significant form of music in American history, and it has become an international phenomenon as it continues to evolve. It is somewhat elusive to define because it encompasses so much.

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick
When they talk about Jazz, they talk about "Improvisation." Improvisation is the creative ability to make the song your own. In order to depart from the original sheet music, one has to know and understand the song beyond the average Joe. To break the rules, one has to know and understand the rules. Jazz musicians, and singers, are the best in the business.

Dr. Billy Taylor on Improvisation - very interesting!

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

What is unique about jazz is that everyone has his or own definition of what it is and who performs it.  Remember when MY HEART was riding the charts last year?  It most popular designation (on Amazon.com) was as VOCAL JAZZ.  Oh well....

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick
"Jazzy" Doris Day's first professional recording. Doris sang a lot of Jazz.

"Dig It" - And I do . . .

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

The History Of Jazz and Swing Dancing - Ken Burns

The History of Jazz and Swing Dance - continued

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick
We interrupt this blog-cast, to bring you this important announcement! Happy 4th of July!

It Don't Mean A Thing Jack, If You Ain't Got That Swing! - Nope

Wait A Minute, Can I See Your ID Please?

Holy Toledo!!!

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick
OK kids, who remembers this one. . . ? Me neither. But it's jazz . . . and it's cool. I've heard it before. Probably on TCM.

Hot Lips - Henry Busse and his Orchestra

Re: JAZZ - What's It All About Kermit?

Nick

Jazz Acapella

Count Basie Medley - The Real Group