Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

We are celebrating Doris's birthday the whole month of April! Share your favorite movies, songs, and memories under this topic!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Nick
What a great excuse to post one of the hundreds of beautiful songs she sang.  There are so many that I will just pick the first one that comes to mind that I have a hankering for.  I heard someone else sing it the other day - not near as good.  Happy Birthday Doris!  You had me at: "Hi there!"

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Here's a favorite of mine!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Nick
Imagine if a girl walked in an audition and sang this today!  Just a piano and a bass.  Sign her up!!!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Well (as Jack Benny would say,) I going to post two more, "more obscure" DD songs that I like.  I like a lot of the ones you don't hear often or that are somewhat forgotten - even by Doris Day fans . . . some really good stuff - I could fill the pages with them . . . How about you?

HOW IT LIES, HOW IT LIES, HOW IT LIES - 1949
Dig them Magazine Covers!

How about a classic happy Doris.  I think I remember this one when I was a tiny kid riding tricycles with the neighbor kids . . . when life was easy and breezy!  She really sells it - I didn't forget it!

LOVE ME IN THE DAYTIME - 1959

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

anialek36

This is one of my favorite songs Doris Of course, the movie is very funny, great dialogues:) It is a pity that no longer produces such films, there is no such actors:(
<nabble_embed></nabble_embed>
And this movie always makes me smile, even when I have a bad day
Greetings from Poland:) Ania

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

I thought this one was cute!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Nick
Awesome selections!  Another happy one!  She does love and happy so good!  "Love is like an April Shower . . ."

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

One of the sweetest songs :)

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

fluffy cloud
http://youtu.be/GUVT1NZtZPo
one of my very favourites

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Nick
Lovely!  How about dreamy?  "O Zamanlar" - I think means "once back then" in Turkish.

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

She sung "You Are My Sunshine"??  That's lovely.  Thanks for sharing.

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

"Fly Me to the Moon" is on my Top 5 favorite Doris song ever list, but I prefer this video:

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Hollywood
But my absolute favorite song of Doris' (at least currently) has to be "My One and Only Love".  It is so beautiful and something about it just sticks me in my place/tugs at my heartstrings/pierces right through me when I hear it.  Enjoy!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Excellent!  Doris Day "Favorites" are hard to rank.  I have about 25 tied for first, really about 50 depending on my mood, and that could easily grow to 100.  I particularly love many of her more serious and contemplative songs, which reach into the depth of your soul, and send a tingle up your spine.  She seems to understand about what she is singing.  Wouldn't you say?

Since I Fell For You

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

I just love this one too from the same album.  That swinging orchestra, sexy swinging voice, "acted-out" as a failing attempt of humorous lamenting with a slight hint of a struggle with the anger that comes with betrayal (but mostly blue,) the contradiction of lyrics, title, and intent, simple yet complex, and the "Spector wall-of-sound" . . . a mood we all can probably relate to . . .  all spells awesome!  Never heard anything like it!

Funny

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Hollywood I'm glad I was the one who introduced you to Doris singing ' you are my sunshine' I always thought it was HER song :) Nice song choices by you too :D

Barbara the book is on the forum..here's the link that will redirect you to it
birthday book

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

Susan
Lots of beautiful music to listen to and you tube videos to watch!  The Doris birthday page for this year is real nice! You guys do an awesome job!

Re: Happy Birthday Doris Day 2013!

continue to enjoy...and when it comes back on the air, try the radiio show, too!
12