FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Do you have any favorite holiday songs you would like to share with us? You can check out mine in the new blog (This and That)....see sidebar menu. Would love some responses in both places.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Any favorite Christmas songs!  Are you kidding???  Why, I have hundreds of favorite Christmas songs!  I've been waiting for someone to start a Christmas songs topic!!!  I've seen your Christmas blog, very nice, but I much prefer the Forum for responding.  Apparently others do too.  I think I mentioned that before regarding the "Hooray For Hollywood" blog . . . I know, it's hard for you to smack me when I am 500 miles away . . .

I think the snow is on its way.  Your beautiful blog made me think of this one.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Favorite traditions?  Yes, the first Christmas song I want to hear is Silver Bells, by Doris somebody?  I think you got that one covered.  So here's another one she sings about ME each year.  You mean you didn't know I am a Saint?  Thank you Doris.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

But he's such a ham!

Where have I heard that line before?

Gotta love it . . . especially in these times.  Maybe I should move to Vancover?  (Full-screen)

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Hey where is everybody!  Five days until Christmas!  Snow storm a coming!  White Christmas!  Holiday cheer!

Forget the others I posted.  Whatever you do, don't look at them!  This song is near the top of my all-time favorites.  Awesome!!!

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Wow...never heard that last one. All your choices are great ones, Doris must like SILVER BELLS best because she recorded it twice: one in the 50's and once in 1964. She also sang it on her Tv Show during the Christmas shows.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

She recorded "The Christmas Song" twice too.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

She did this one too.  I like'm both.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

This song always hits the spot.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

I like these songs by Doris that I included in my latest video, Baby It's Cold Outside (which she should have recorded) and I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Nick
Janet, another great video.  Love the pictures everybody, and the moving ones are funny, and the music is great too.  I love all the Doris Day Christmas songs, but I was leaving them for others to post.  Maybe I'll have to do it?

"DECEMBER 21, 2012 - AND ALL IS WELL!!!"  But it is getting cold and snowing . . . maybe planet earth has left its orbit and we are spinning out of the galaxy.

A blast to the past.  Remembering Les Brown's No. 1 hit.  Nobody sings it better than Doris. . .

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

We should hear this one more on the radio and in the stores.  But I did hear Walmart playing some of the 1964 cuts.  It made me smile.  Ok, back to year-end tax planning.  I wonder where my snow shovel is?

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

James Taylor

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Joni Mitchell wrote and performed "River."  Many versions out there.   The lyrics were somewhat unique to her situation with her giving up her baby for adoption.  I wonder if all the people that recorded it realized that?  She is talking about her actual baby, not her dude.  James Taylor does a nice version though.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Mary Chapin Carpenter is one of my favorites.

I like this by Bare Naked Ladies.

Re: FAVORITE HOLIDAY SONGS

Maybe if I keep practicing I'll play like these guys!