Doris Day in the news

I found this article about the dancing studio she used to go when little
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20121205/CINCI/312050020/

Re: Doris Day in the news

fluffy cloud
That is just wonderful.I takes you back in time and your imagination gets going...thanks for sharing

Re: Doris Day in the news

fluffy cloud
whilewewerewaiting.blogspot.com
This shows you what it looked like...

Re: Doris Day in the news

Dorine where exactly on that blog? I couldn't find it. Can you indicate the date of the post?

I read this new article about Doris today  it's an interview by the lovely Jackie Joseph. I was thrilled to read Doris is thinking of getting a pc!!!!! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!!! I'm sure she would be computer savvy in an instant!

Re: Doris Day in the news

fluffy cloud

This is what you type in googleframe.

While We Were Waiting: Hessler's Dance Studio

whilewewerewaiting.blogspot.com/.../hesslers-dan... - Vertaal deze pagina

6 Dec 2009 – Hessler's Dance Studio. This is a picture of 1033 Monastery or the building we usually call Hessler's Dance Studio. This interior shot is current.

Re: Doris Day in the news

fluffy cloud
Thanks for sharing that article with Jackie Joseph Christie!!

Re: Doris Day in the news

I read this piece on movie making info on a DD film location today :

http://www.courant.com/community/plainville/hc-plainville-movie-0125-20130124,0,3153656.story

The town, which made a cameo appearance in a 1959 Doris Day film, may become the background for an independent movie studio's sci-fi horror movie.

Re: Doris Day in the news

Interesting google alert today:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news/u-s-magazine-launches-doris-day-oscar-campaign_3476884

The GLOBE wants to start a national campaign for Doris Day to get a life time achievement award!!! Who would support any campaign from them!!?!?!?!

What is all this about?

Re: Doris Day in the news

Not counting THE GLOBE (where a DD picture or a slanted headline about Doris is a sure sell), Doris has been IN THE NEWS frequently, I am happy to say, since about 2010.  The occasions of so many world-wide musical tributes is one of the reasons. (Melinda Schneider had a #1 tribute album to Doris in Australia: Nellie McKay had a big one in the US.)  There have also been shows both in the UK and on the West Coast ( Sentimental Journey in UK, The Doris Day Story, Kristi King Tribute Show....and about 10 others....how great is that).  Then along came the new cd's that put Doris back on the charts again. I say her business manager deserves a round of applause; there is no question that he has been instrumental in putting Doris back in the public eye (where she belongs), and we are greatful.  Top it off with the current Nancy Sinatra Interview on Sirius XM.  The world may have forgotten DD for a few years, but it did not mean that they don't still love her. they just need a reminder now and then!