Dogs loyalty

Re: Dogs loyalty

Awww...most of your story was sweet!!! The last bit was a bit gross

I think the best feeling is a doggie sleeping across your feet or on your lap. Sally (the lakeland terrier I walked - she sadly passed on to the rainbow bridge last year) used to sleep across my feet all the time. She would just curl up and zzzz away. Precious! :)

A picture you will all appreciate :)

Re: Dogs loyalty

Janet, Mr. German Shepherd must have had a bad experience with a kitty!  Shepherds tend to be a one man/woman dog.

Shepherd story.  Back when I was about 18, I worked at a restaurant.  One of the waitresses had a German Shepherd who was in trouble with the law.  Jimmy was his name; one of those big boys.  If Jimmy bit one more person, it was curtains for Jimmy.  He had been known to jump through window screens to go after paperboys, mailmen, etc.  I'd seen the damaged window screen.  Anyway we all got to know Jimmy (a little) from the parties we had at her house after work.

One day, the waitress friend was in a jam, and she asked us if we could go to her apartment and get something (keys or something - can't remember what it was.)  Everybody she knew, knew how to open the apt. door with a credit card, knife or whatever, because we had seen her and her roommate do it a thousand times.  So she asked us to break in and get whatever.  Jimmy, the bad boy Shepherd, was inside of course, and we didn't know how he would respond with his bad record.

But wanting to be knights in shinning armor, we agreed to do it.  We got to the door, took a deep breath and jimmied the lock and got in.  Thankfully, Jimmy the bad boy Shepherd was glad to see us.  Sigh!!!  Then I wrestled him.  Seriously, on all fours.  I guess that is how I relate to some dogs.  How stupid was I?

Re: Dogs loyalty

Kitty Mommy Rottweiler - nice picture, says a thousand words.  Dogs are cool!  They all have unique personalities.  Kitties do to, but I generally relate better to dogs.  "Shadow" was the major exception.  I loved Shadow the Kitty.  He's crossed the Rainbow Bridge by now.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Oh, and "Shadow the Kitty's" timid big brother (the Shepard) crossed the Rainbow Bridge before we broke up.  He got cancer of the heart.  It was very sad, watching him go.  I saw him the night before he passed.  The next day I got the call.  He died quietly in the night on the kitchen floor.  We buried him at girlfriend's sister's house in the country that day.  I dug a 6-foot deep hole while her sister's kids watched, answering all their questions, on the hottest, most humid day of the year, with a bad back that had been acting up.  It was the saddest day, but the odd thing was, my back loosened up from all the digging and got better.  I still have the emergency wool blanket I keep in my car truck we used to transport him.  I think of him every time I see the blanket.  I have lots of doggie friends over the Rainbow.

"Vulcan" was his name, and he looked just like this.  He didn't like to wrestle.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Nick
"Jimmy" the bad boy Shepherd looked like this (the one in trouble with the Law - above.)  He was nice once you got to know him . . .

Re: Dogs loyalty

Here's my friend Maggie's Cody who visited my boot camp the other night.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Very nice with the T-shirt on.  That looks like a friendly Shepherd - looks part Norwegian Elkhound or something?

Re: Dogs loyalty

Returning soldiers and their best friends.  God Bless them this Memorial Day weekend and always.  Somebody loves you!

Re: Dogs loyalty

Those were great!

Re: Dogs loyalty

Nick
Just goes to show dogs share the same feelings as people.

"Same As You" - Lyrics from a dog's perspective.

Re: Dogs loyalty

It's the first day of Fall... y'all.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Don;t leave out cats...they have feelings for humans, too...at least all of mine have.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Nick
US Coast Guard to the rescue... saves dog stranded on Lake St. Clair. Great story! They subsequently found the owner and they were reunited.

Re: Dogs loyalty

Nick
Don't laugh...

Re: Dogs loyalty

Nick
Well trained Border Collies... very interesting... so that is where Mr. Von Trap got the whistle idea in the movie "The Sound of Music."

Quite amazing what these dogs do... Aye?

Re: Dogs loyalty

They are amazing!
12