Do you have any favorite TV shows?

I always hesitate to name a favorite show because whenever I do, it goes off the air. This year, Sunday Nights capture my attention, with 3 shows...one right after the other, starting at 8PM
ONCE UPON A TIME   2nd season
REVENGE    2nd season
666 PARK AVENUE    newbie
I had a favorite last year, "SMASH", but it has not yet returned.  Another goodie is on Wednesday Nights at 10PM..."NASHVILLE"
and your favorites???

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

I love DANCING WITH THE STARS...IT'S ALMOST OVER FOR THIS YEAR.

I DO LIKE HAWAII FIVE O....THE ORIGINAL IS MUCH BETTER THOUGH WITH JACK LORD.

I ALSO LOVE DATELINE AND ONE OF MY VERY FAVORTIE....JUDGE JUDY.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Watching Law and Order right now. I like Mariska Hargitay. I also like some of the reality shows like stuff about Alaska or the PBS shows. Our local PBS is running a Downton Abbey marathon Thanksgiving weekend. Wonder if I can get Kevin to watch it with me!

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Well, at least you kind of have him as a captured audience...he can't run anywhere!!! (right now, that is....)

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Funny enough I live in the UK but I have never seen Downton Abbey! Maybe the fact that I don't own  a TV set is why!!!

Not much on watching anything these days. Dramas of life seem to be more amusing (edited my assuming typo!!) and surprising

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

I'm old fashioned.  I still like this one.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Oh, I loved watching 'I dream of Jeannie' when I was growing up. So sad to hear of Larry Martin Hagman passing.

I think, Nick, it's safe to say on sampod we are all more or less old fashioned!
I started watching The Doris Day show ( I have to boxset) and Who's the boss?  (on youtube) all over again.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

I have the DD Shows too.  I Dream of Jeannie was so silly.  I loved it as a kid and as an adult.  Really, they were kids in those roles.  Funny stuff.

Yes, very sad to lose Larry Hagman - he was great.

I was talking with a bookstore owner about 5-years ago and he mentioned he had some autographed promo copies of books, one of which was Larry Hagman's "Hello Darlin."  I snatched it up.  Just have to read it now.

I watched "Who's the Boss" reruns on afternoons after college classes as well as "The Dukes of Hazard" to shift gears from academia mode back to normal.  Tony Danza was great.  Love that theme song too.

This one too - that's Johnny Mathis and Denise Williams singing it.  Michael J. was so relatable.  Weren't those pre-911 days wonderful?

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

ABSOLUTELY....but you do realize, they would never make it in today's world. All the pure joy is now taken for granted and what's more, expected.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Nick
Grown-ups are just big kids.  You either learn to laugh and stay young at heart, or take yourself too seriously, and become depressed and bitter.  It's a journey for the child within that is uniquely you in it's pureset form.  We must preserve that quality, for we must "become like a child to enter the kingdom . . ." but we must also store up the wisdom we learn along the way.  Love, love, love, be a light, and don't get too involved with the "blue meanies" or you will get a snare to your soul.  TV shows today seem to have lost the human touch.  Just my two-bit observation.  Back to work.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

it also explains why reruns are still one of the most watched things on tv`

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Time to revisit this topic as well. If you do not have a tv set in this day and age, I see no explanation for that one: consider the fact that you can watch tv on most smartfones and on the internet. So: if you want to see tv, you can. And tvs can be bought for less than $50.
That said, There are currently some great shows on for all kinds of tv/movie watchers.
IF YOU LIKE MUSIC AND DRAMA: you definitely should be watching:
  NASHVILLE (Weds Night at 10 pm NYTime)  The acting and music are incredible, and the story is good too.
   SMASHED (Sun Night)  was a success last season. It returns this month with some big new stars including: Liza Minelli and Jennifer Hudson and Jeremy Jordan (new to the show)
IF YOU LIKE MYSTERY/DRAMA/ACTION-ADVENTURE: you certainly should watch
        REVENGE  The plot complications are unbelievable
        LAW & ORDER SVU One of the longest running shows on tv, and still good
      IF YOU LIKE SCIENCE FICTION/ FANTASY:
         MERLIN King Arthur, Knights of the Round Table, Camelot, Merlin and Magic:
                                    What's not to like?
         ONCE UPON A TIME A new, fun take on old fairy tales. Great show.
     IF YOU LIKE REALITY SHOWS, just keep changing the channel; there are far too many of them.
     IF YOU LIKE SPORTS:just keep changing the channel; there are far too many of them.
     IF YOU LIKE RE-RUNS, just keep changing the channel; there are far too many of them.
    IF NONE OF THESE INTEREST YOU, THEN WOW YOU ARE BORING!

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

anialek36

So You Think You Can Dance Mary Murphy Mary Murphy has a wonderful laugh

Ania

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

anialek36
"Downton Abbey" is a great series, I love it♥ And always "Doris Day show"♥

Ania

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Hahaha!!!  Yes, good laugh... figures the dude is from Detroit.

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Sinem
Sure 'The Golden Girls' :D I love Roseeeee, Betty White supersweet :)

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

anialek36
I remember "The Golden Girls", very cool:)

absolutely love! Candice Bergen here was brilliant, funny, wonderful!

Ania

Re: Do you have any favorite TV shows?

Nick
The Rockford Files... Rockford and Magnum PI were my favorite television PIs. This is a classic Season 2 - Rockford Files. James Garner paired up with James Hampton (aka Leroy B. Simpson) who plays a success tycoon con who finds himself in need of Rockford's services. This is precious... Good memories here...

"The Aaron Ironwood School of Success"