Discovery

One of the beautiful things (to me) about music in general is when I discover a song never heard before...then I DEVOUR it. A couple of for instances:
WHEN I DREAM (I DREAM OF YOU)   i had never heard this one. My first exposure was to a version by Foster & Allen, a group from the British Isles. I LOVED IT.  Then I searched for me, and Vic Damone has a credible version, too.  Both available on YOUTUBE. When I mentioned this to a friend, I was told the song was featured on one episode of "Designing Women" when it was sung by Charlene to her parents.
LA PLASIER D AMOUR (THE JOY OF LOVE)  heard this as an instrumental version on Sirius XM Radio.  Research pulled up a version by The Seekers featuring the astounding voice of Judith Durham (the lead female singer with the group).

Re: Discovery

Nick
Mike, I broke down and purchased the new Bennett/Gaga album. There are a few songs (old standards) I really like. The Gaga lady should do more jazz standards in my opinion. Not as lush and intimate as Doris, and maybe a stronger voice than Streisand, and a little edgier, like Shirley Bassey (sort of...) but I like it none the less... the way she sings these songs... the arrangements are first class! Tony is always wonderful, but "the Lady" can sing... These are sure to hit that content melancholy sweet spot on a foggy day in London town. Enjoy your trip Mike.

This is my favorite song on the album... for now anyway.

This is nice too - Lush Life