Country, Celtic, and Folk Music

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Soul-mates, kindred spirits, two-peas in a pod...

Same Kind of Crazy

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Hmmm.... not bad Merle....

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

How cool are they!

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Nice Janet!

Tico Tico

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

thanks for continuing this thread,Nick. I read it a lot and enjoy.

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Thanks Mike, my pleasure sir. I love the arts and music. Couldn't live without them very well... I knew a graduate student who studied here from the Dominican Republic... he knew all these songs.

Tico Tico - The Words

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
The Tico Tico version above sounded like French lyrics.... Hmmm?... Such an awesome song... not exactly "Country music." Oh well, rules were made to be broken...

Youth Orchestra of Bahia (that would be Salvador) - This is the real deal!

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
"Tico Tico no Fuba" is the actual title of this Brazilian song which means: "sparrow in my cornmeal." So it's Brazilian, "country music," by a French Ye-Ye diva. Look at her goooooooo!!!!

This is a Samba medley

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Kermit was telling me he heard someone saying that life should be lived between the "Mountain of PAIN," and the "Mountain of PLEASURE," down in the "VALLEY OF THE SHADOW OF DEATH," where there are no feelings pulling at you, only "LOVE." Hmmm................ Can you explain that better Kermit?

Well, you see it's like this...

Glen Campbell, my goodness... I love Glen Campbell.

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
That's a nice song MI sweetheart... I'm a Michigan man...

Sounds sort of like Anne Murray singing a John Denver song

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Ok, let's talk about Detroit... The thing I like the most about Detroit are the people; but after a few hours there, and a couple of Lafayette Coney Island chili-dogs, with chili-fries, on Lafayette street, I feel like this guy.

Detroit City - By Bobby Bare

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Who wants Country?  I do, I do...