Country, Celtic, and Folk Music

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
In my heart of hearts, I think I am Country. Throw in a little pop, rock, jazz, folk, gospel, soul, blues, Bossa, big band, and a little orchestra on the side.

Sammi Smith

Joan Osborne

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

How about a little Bert Jansch?

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
That's nice, but it needs some lyrics Janet... hmmm.....

How about: "Ho, Ho, and a bottle of rum... Ho, Ho, and a bottle of rum."

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Got to learn this one. Open E tuning. Thanks 88!

Prodigal Son

Prodigal Son Lyrics - The Rolling Stones

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
"Prodigal Son" (The previous song by the Rolling Stones) was originally an old Delta Blues song written by Robert Wilkins in 1929 called "That's No Way To Get Along" (the lyrics are different.)

Robert Wilkins also wrote a song called "Rollin Stone" in 1928. I wonder if that is where "The Rolling Stones" got their name?

"That's No Way To Get Along" - cover

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick

Sonny & Cher - 1965

It's a two-step...

Nice Cover by Dwight Yoakam and Sheryl Crow

Y'all come back now, ya hear!

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Peter, Paul and Mary 1966

"Promises" - Fall 2013

I love the Mexican music.

A tribute to Roy Rogers and Dale Evans... Both had multiple previous marriages, and children before marrying, then adopted more; one had downs syndrome who died from complications, then tragically lost 2 more children, one in a bus accident, the other in the military.

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
-continued-

Love in their eyes... you can't miss it...

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
- continued-

Roy Rogers..."The King of the Cowboys" and Dale Evans... "The Queen of the West."

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
Erica Hoyt is just starting out... I think she will go far. She's a real sweetheart and sounds good.

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
One of my favorite country singers died today at age 87...

We'll miss you Ray...

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
"Wooo-doggy... where's Jethro?" This is one of the dang goodest upbeat, sad, sorry-sack, bittersweet, country love songs ever! Feel free to join in with the chorus.

"I Knoooooow" - Kim Richey

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

anialek36
I don't like country music, but I like Johnny Cash.

Celtic-Clannad

Ania

This doesn't sound like Country! What's up country artist Mr. Twitty? Dig the retro pictures with the song.

How could anybody not like Country music per se? It's honest, and it's got heart...

Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn, the dynamic duo of country music.

Re: Celtic, Folk, Country and Bluegrass

Nick
A tear in my beer.

12345