Boston Marathon Relief Fund

If anyone would like to help, the BAA posted this.

A Boston Marathon spokesperson said that they are creating a donations page on their website and Facebook page that will be ready in the next 24-48 hours.

http://www.baa.org/

Re: Boston Marathon Relief Fund

Update here is the fund set up by the mayor and governor.

http://onefundboston.org/

Re: Boston Marathon Relief Fund

Janet, how exactly will these funds be used? Health coverage for injured?
Thank you for sharing.

Re: Boston Marathon Relief Fund

I was glued to TV coverage from 5 pm until they took the 2nd "suspect" into custody on Friday at about 9 pm.  The cheers of the neighbors and thank you's coming from the crowd made me proud to be an American.  The various police agencies, emergency crews, and people of Boston were awesome!  Boston renewed my faith in the American people, and gave a shot of spirit to the entire country!  Way to go Boston!!!  Big time Kudos to you all!

Same to the people of Texas in the fertilizer plant explosion near Waco (West, TX.) the same week that killed 16 and injured about 200, destroyed a lot of the town, and people are still missing.  There are videos on YouTube of the explosion and it was ghastly!  It registered as a 2.1 earthquake and shook houses 50 miles away.  The first responders and volunteer firemen who tried to put out the fire before the explosion didn't have a chance.  A very solemn week indeed . . .

Re: Boston Marathon Relief Fund

Christie, Funds will be used for all of the above. These people have horrific injuries and will require many months/years of surgeries/rehab. Many will have loss of income. Insurance may not cover all of these expenses.

Nick, I've always been proud to be a Bostonian but never prouder than I've been this week. The resilience and courage of the people of Boston and all of New England has been amazing. The marathon next year will be even bigger. I hope to be there.

As has been said by many this past week they chose the wrong city to do this to!

Re: Boston Marathon Relief Fund