Bette Davis

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Re: Good Bette, Bad Bette

Miss Davis was always a super threat. How sad it was in later years that she had to stoop to films like WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE.

Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

So many rumors out there . . .  I see the good and the bad, the wounded and the frightened, the beauty and the danger, the hopeful and the imprisoned, the brilliance and the insanity; which all leads me to compassion.  Life is not always a bowl of cherries, and some handle it better than others.  I don't know the truth about Joan or Bette, but I am intrigued - there's a lot going on behind those eyes.  Maybe that is why they were such powerful actresses on the screen, and off?  Any thoughtful thoughts?

Re: Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

Nick
Ann Blyth on Joan Crawford.

Re: Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

I haven't seen many films with either ladies. I have seen 'Mommy dearest' when I was quite young...I used to make fun of my mom calling her that...she hates it!!!! hahaha...

Regarding Bette Davis, I don't know much about her. What I do know is that she went to the same acting school as Lucille Ball. Poor Lucy was told she will never be an actress...look at how good Bette is! They actually dismissed her from the school :/ She may have ended up as the b queen of films but she sure was a brilliant and skilful comedian. Bette had shown how great she was from the very beginning...and those Eyes!!!!!

She was asked whether she liked the song about her eyes... she said yes because it made her look cool to her grandkids!!!!!!!!!

Re: Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

Never saw "Mommy Dearest" Christie.  I can only imagine.  Good song!

If you want to see the more sympathetic side of Bette, I recommend these two.
1. Now Voyager
2. Dark Victory.

Now Voyager - Excellent Movie!

Re: Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

Nick
All about, "All About Eve." It's not about Marilyn Monroe... Trust me.

Re: Joan Crawford and Bette Davis

Sinem
This post was updated on .
Bette Davis great actress.  My favorite movie All About Eve. I was impressed Margo.

Baby Jane fantastic film. :D Bette and Joan hate each other in real life. :) I didn't watch Crawford movies. She does not seem to me sympathetic.

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
Bette Davis&Glenn Ford movie

Re: Bette Davis

Nick
Love is a dangerous game, especially with a femme fatale like Bette.  Maybe Glenn Ford has a chance?  I haven't seen this movie, but it looks good.  Bette was at least aware of her dark side, as she struggled with it, causing her great internal conflict which came out in her performances.  It's tough being the vamp, the Queen Bee, or the Black Widow.  Men are attracted at first, but eventually wake up, but it is often too late.  Art imitates life.  Good movie material.

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
She acting 2 role in the film.

twin sister :)

and Dead Ringer too (1964)

Bette and Claude Rains from Deception(1946)

Bette and Claude Rains from Mr. Skeffington(1944)

Bette and Claude Rains from Now, Voyager(1942)

Re: Bette Davis

Nick
Claude Rains was a great actor. Gladys Cooper (Bette's mother in "Now Voyager") was more frightening than Bette. But I've seen her in other film's where she was very noble.

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
Mr. Skeffington and Deception great films ;)

from Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte movie

Bette and Olivia the best friends. :)

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
:D

Re: Bette Davis

I never thought of Bette as a singer. She's no Doris Day, or Andy Williams, but she is "theatrically sound" in her presentation. The fact that she wanted to sing reveals a sweet side to her personality. As an actress, she had such great expressions! Just one look, said so much. She sure told Jonathan Winters where to go! She cut the legs right out from under him. She's nobody's fool.

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
This post was updated on .
But I love her voice because she is bass voice. I love hard tone. very poetic♥

love this song

:)

Re: Bette Davis

Nick
Lovely songs... what do you mean by hard tone? Like this, but Ethel Merman is not bass. Are those your cups?

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
I couldn't find the right word. :) I mean tough, sharp, strong  thick sound? I love husky voice. My voice a little thick too. little :)

Yes, my cups :D

Re: Bette Davis

Thick, husky, strong, sounds like Diana Krall...

Re: Bette Davis

Sinem
Ohh besame mucho... love this song. Her voice very nice but not thick enough. thicker than the sound of my childhood idols. :) They are reading poetry.♥ if you want to listened to you? :)
12