A FRESH START

Because of our continual problems with our previous forum provider (tal.ki), we are beginning a NEW FORUM.  Hopefully, we will get even more people to talk to us about anything connected to the world of entertainment.

It may take a while for us to become acquainted with all the new processes, but I feel certain that our competent tech staff (Janet Moore and Christie Sietous) and our regulars (Carol Johnson, Barbara Norton , Nick Myers , Dorine Dewindt and others) will help us to figure it out!

If at all possible, we will try to find a way to bring over the content from the original forum. If that does not work, consider it a challenge to start all over and bring in some fresh new topics.

Thanks.
Your Webmaster, Mike DeVita

Re: A FRESH START

Welcome all to the new forum. Hopefully we will encounter less problems with this one!

You will find that this forum is much more simple to upload pictures, emoticons and even have the option to upload files. So in case anybody is interested in reading my whole thesis when it's done...I can upload it here with ease!!!!

I hope you all enjoy the new forum and the simpler features.
lets get busy!!!!

Best regards,
Christie

Re: A FRESH START

Yes, Christie...we do need to get busy. I DO want to read that paper that has been using so much of your time!!!!

Re: A FRESH START

I want to read that Doris Day lesson plan you did a month or so ago.

Re: A FRESH START

I had made a clip for the Coase theorem.
here is the clip we saw. You need to pause when the question slides appear :)

The clip was used for educational purposes only.

Re: A FRESH START

I love it! Very creative way to teach a lesson!

Re: A FRESH START

Well done, Christie. Gets the point across...and Doris shines, too!!!

Re: A FRESH START

Thanks Janet and Mike!! This clip is perfect for the seminar. It has all the elements we discuss in class.  I wonder whether the writers knew about the Coase Theorem when they wrote it! It's interesting to watch this clip with a class filled with 18/19 year olds! They laughed and I think they enjoyed it cause they asked to find out what happened in the end! They asked to see the whole episode but this is not in the curriculum so I couldn't show it!!! :)

Re: A FRESH START

I only took a basic economics course as an elective. I didn't remember the Coase Theorem. My degree was in mathematics and computer science.

I used this link to read up on the theorem however. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coase_theorem

Re: A FRESH START

What's with the Advertisements in our posts?  Is that something I am doing, or just the Sampod site?  "Step right up and get your HONDA generator, before they all go!"

Interesting Doris lesson plan Christie.  I think I got a 100%.  I remember that episode.  Can you say Fukushima!  That could be causing the plants to turn brown or mutate.  What about the poor unsuspecting people?  They just had another quake in Japan too.

Finally, is there a way to post without "replying" to a previous person's post?

Re: A FRESH START

Sorry, Nick.  When we switched to the new forum, which everyone seems to like, it required the addition of ads, which pay for the site, allowing us to use it for free.  Ads are tolerable.

Re: A FRESH START

Hi Nick,

I took care of the ads for a little while. I found them annoying too. But they will be popping back up when we hit 10,000 views again. Nabble is free. That's how they generate their income with the ads.

Merry Xmas!

Re: A FRESH START

Thanks Nick! I'm glad you found it interesting. I'm trying to get my college students interested in env. economics!! It's a tough deed but I think Doris made it successful :)

Yeah I heard. More severe natural disasters around the world. Philippines had a horrible typhoon last week.

I don't think there is a way to post without replying. I think it's just how this particular forum is set up. Sorry!

Re: A FRESH START

Nick
Thanks for the info Christie.  They have an environmental engineering program here at the U of M.  My former boss's daughter is in the program.   Sounds related, maybe more specific than environmental economics?  http://www.cee.umich.edu/node/8

The ads don't bother me, I just wondered if I goofed it up.  I thought I caused them.

Re: A FRESH START

That's a very reputable program! The course I teach is the same as the Management Policy and Economics they offer with the only difference I only do the very basics as it's for a bachelor's degree whereas that program is a master's so I expect they have a more in-depth course. Also we don't talk about engineering at all :P

Re: A FRESH START

Hi Nick and Christie....
  Hope you guys are taking a breather from your busy schedules to enjoy the holidays.  Janet and  I have been trying to update various pages on the website, but I don't think our regulars have noticed.
  There are new things on almost every page, including the ones I work on when I have time, like THE HIT PARADE, THE TOP 10, THE RADIO PAGE, etc.  Of course many of the DD pages are updated every week.  DORISDAYJUKEBOX is new this month, as well as THE SIX PACKS.

Re: A FRESH START

Sonia Jupira
I wish you success to new forum hand in hand to go on!

I've been missing you all folks...  Hugs/Sonia